Saturday, April 20, 2013

Saturday April 20 , 2013 - Where Did The Water Go?

Being Saturday, it is usually the day I take recycles and trash to the Transfer Station here in Woodbury.  Last year (see April 7, 2012 of my Hometown Big Year blog) I found out that in the wetlands behind the Transfer Station was a Great Blue Heron rookery (saw 11 herons on April 7) which can be seen best from the upper level area where leaves and discarded trees are placed.  So, today I decided to take a look.

Knowing that Sandy probably did some damage to the area I wanted to see the extent of any damage.

When I got there, not only was there tree damage but also the water level was down!  Whether the change in water level was due to the possible breaking up of the beaver dam that is there or activity by O & G, I do not know.  However, I will send an email to the Town and see if they know anything.

So, here is a comparison from April 7, 2012 to today, April 20, 2013.

April 20, 2013
April 7, 2013



April 7, 2013
April 20, 2013

April 7, 2013
April 20, 2013

























No comments:

Post a Comment