Monday, April 15, 2013

Sunday April 14, 2013

Robins

 Decided to go over to Nonnewaug today to see what I can find now that it's April, spring, and vacation week - and I have not been there in a few weeks.  So off I went with my new app on phone - BirdLog NA, to help record and upload what I see to eBird.

Hard to see Palm Warbler




Female Hooded Merganser
I did not know what to expect being a cloudy breezy day but, again, any day birding is a good day.  I decided to go down to the field by taking the road right down to the field.  Instead of going directly onto the field, I took the path through the trees on the left and as I started to get to the end of that area, I saw a male Palm Warbler!  I then realized I might have the chance of seeing more early arrivals.


Male/Female Wood Duck

Female "Hoodie" Again
 So I started to walk the perimeter of the field along the river to the foot bridge then the perimeter of the field near the garden back to the baseball diamond up the stairs towards the tennis courts over to the garage then finally up near Minortown Road and out.




Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
Eastern Phoebe
 Species Seen:  2 Canada Geese (overhead); 2 Wood Ducks (male & female); Hooded Merganser (female); 4 Turkey Vultures (overhead); Downy Woodpecker; 3 Northern Flickers; Eastern Phoebe; American Crow; Black-Capped Chickadee; Ruby-Crowned Kinglet (male with that distinct eye ring); Tufted Titmouse; Hermit Thrush; 7 Robins; Palm Warbler; 6 Chipping Sparrows; 1 Savannah Sparrow (green lores on what looks like a song sparrow); 2 Song Sparrows; 2 Slate-Colored Juncos; and Northern Cardinal.





Robins
Chipping Sparrow
Data:  11:10am-1:07pm; 45F; mostly cloudy (95%+) ; breezy







Ruby Crowned Kinglet

Cardinal
Wren Nest in Bluebird Box


Chipping Sparrow
Turkey Vulture


No comments:

Post a Comment